Friday, October 15, 2010

Book Review: The Hunger Games



I am reading this set of books right now that is so awesome I had to share it with you.  BUT BE WARNED- they are super addictive.  My sister read them and described them to me and I was a little skeptical at first.  But, I took her word for it and got the first one and have been hooked ever sense! I just started the third book in the trilogy.  These books are such an easy read- I have read each in about 2 days. ( traveling has contributed to that too) 

Here is the synopsis of the first book from Barnes and Noble:
Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

Ok, ok.. I know it sounds weird but take my word for it... they are REALLY good.  I think that they should make a movie from them.  If you are looking for a book that's thrilling and holds your attention.. this is it.


I am going to Atlanta to meet my boyfriend this weekend but I hope that I can find time to get a little reading in :)  I will let everyone know how the Northface Endurance Challenge goes.  Cross your fingers for me.. I'll need it!!

Have a good weekend,
Letty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment